Find an Opportunity
All available volunteer projects with Queens Library are listed online at volunteer.queenslibrary.org and found using the Main Navigation bar located at the top of the page.
Clicking on "Find an Opportunity" shows a drop-down menu with:
- Search Projects
- One Day Events Calendar
- Browse Locations
All available projects are displayed on the search grid and listed by:
- Opportunity - Gives the name of the project
- Organization - Gives the location/branch where the project is held
- Where - Gives the neighborhood where the organization is located
- Time - Give the time when volunteers are needed. Projects listed as "Open" allow volunteers to schedule projects on a flexible timeframe
- Distance - Provides an estimate of the distance from the city, state or zip code listed in the search criteria
Searches can be conducted using filters to help identify specific projects that meet given criteria. You may search for projects by:
Keyword - Type in common words found within a description such as "Homework", Afterschool and Shelving" to display potential projects that
Schedule Type - Search for projects based on the type of schedule
- Date and Time Specific - Projects held on a specific future date and time period. Typically, these projects refer to one-day or short-term projects.
- Individually Scheduled - Projects held on an ongoing basis lasting several months. These projects may require availability on a specific day and time OR allow volunteers to possess a flexible schedule.
City & State and/or Zip Code - Search for projects based on geographic location.
Distance - Displays projects (in miles) from the City, State and/or Zip Code given
Date From / Date To - Search for projects based on duration.
Other filters available include:
- When Are You Available? - search by days and times you want to volunteer
- What Would You Like to Do? - search by Issues, Skills, Location, and Events
- Who Would You Like to Serve? - sort listings by Age Group Served, Gender and Population
- Appropriate For - search by projects depending on the age of the volunteer
- Invitation Code - searches private listings not visible to the general public