Express Interest / Sign Up
Individuals interested in applying for any volunteer project must click on the Express Interest or Sign Up button located at the bottom of each Project Description.
After clicking the Express Interest or Sign Up button, a box entitled “Login or Register” opens.
Register – First-time applicants should click Register to open the Volunteer Application
Login – Individuals that previously created a profile should click Login and enter the appropriate email and password. Individuals skip the Volunteer Application and automatically register for the opportunity.
The Volunteer Application collects pertinent information and simultaneously creates an online profile that details a complete service history while at Queens Library.
Individuals must also complete a brief library orientation about the library and may upload required documents to the profile.
Required fields include:
- First / Last Name - full name of the person applying to volunteer
- Birthdate (MM/DD/YYYY) - a full birth date is required to verify legal age
- Home Address (Street/City/Zip) - current mailing address
- Home Phone
- Password (Case-sensitive and minimum of 8 characters - letters, numbers, and symbols)
- Photo/Video Permission
- Emergency Contact Information
- Working Papers
A confirmation message is displayed when a project registration is finished. Additionally, confirmation is sent via email using the account listed on the account.